Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Why can't you just leave us alone ?

As I was watching the various townhall meetings on health care a man stood before Senator Arlen Spector and said these words. "Why can't you just leave us alone, just leave us alone ". Those words struck something deep inside of me. That something has been inside of me as long as I can remember. Even though most of my relatives were democrats that something has been inside of me a long, long time. I did not even know what a conservative was when I first felt that something. I just want to be left alone to do what I believe will make my life better. I know that we can't always do every single thing that we may want because we have responsibilities to our family and society but people, can't we reasonably expect that the government will not continually tinker with our lives seeking to have more and more and control. I can do without a vast amount of government that only complicates life beyond what is tolerable or sensible. And this; they rarely do what they need to do. Look at the banks and the predatory lending practices that they ordained.
Everybody, including republicians, seemed to have forgotten what limited government really is. Stop taking so much of my money, stop trying to make me pay to have babies killed, stop trying to control my health, stop telling me what to eat and what to buy, stop trying to tell me what to think, what to say and how and when to talk about my God. Government needs to do only what government was designed to do under the constitution and as long as I am not hurting anyone physically or breaking the law (real laws) why can't the government just leave me alone? Get out of my way and just leave me alone. I feel you Michael. Leave me alone. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say,say on,just do not be vulgar. Thank you.